Choose your date and time from the available dates in the calendar above. Please review full package details below before booking your adventure.
Booking Deposit Details
- This listing is for the booking deposit for your entire group.
- You must book at least 48 hours in advance.
- Please select a Quantity of 1 and then note your group size in the notes section during checkout. The balance owing will be settled upon arrival at the Heritage Village.
- Please review the package pricing details below for actual excursion costs.
Our staff will follow up with you to confirm your booking details. Please keep the email with your deposit receipt as proof of purchase. If you do not see the email, please check your junk mail/spam folder.
Please Note: Bookings made before May 15th, 2023 will be contacted to confirm their reservation after May 20th, 2023.
Clam Digging Adventure Details
The salty sea invites you to share in its bounty on the aptly named Clam Harbour clam flats, a spectacular intertidal ecosystem where humans have harvested clams for thousands of years. Known as E’se’katik by the Mi’kmaq (meaning “at the place of clams”) this harbour has been known for its reliable clam harvests since time immemorial.
Your clam digging adventure begins at Memory Lane Heritage Village, where our knowledgeable staff will introduce you to the heritage of clam digging on the Eastern Shore. We will gather in the Clam Factory to collect your water shoes and meet your guide, Darcy Baker, a fourth generation professional clam digger.
After an introduction to the safe use of digging tools, you will follow Darcy for a 10 minute drive to the clam flats, where you will learn about the life of clams, how to find the best digging locations, and how to sustainably harvest this important natural resource.. After digging for these famous soft-shelled clams, you will return to the Heritage Village for a “feed” of clams, along with a traditional lumber camp meal, in the Village Cookhouse.
All you can eat clams, comes with choice of sandwich, soup, baked beans, beverages and the Cookhouse’s trademark gingerbread and rhubarb sauce. We feed you well, because we know how much the salt air makes you hungry!
Your adventure includes a self-guided tour of the Heritage Village. Come before your meet-up time to cuddle the kittens, or stay longer and enjoy all that the Village has to offer.
Please Note: Excursion dates with late afternoon low tides will reverse the order of activities to start with the meal at the Village and end with digging on the clam flats.
Be prepared to get wet and muddy. Bare feet are recommended, but water shoes are available to borrow on site. Dress in layers, as the coast can be cooler than expected. While a breeze is common, we do have bug spray on hand as well as water and towels to clean your feet at the end of the dig.
- Guided clam digging excursion
- Clam digging tools will be provided
- Heritage lunch with pre-soaked steamed clams in the Cookhouse
- Heritage Village self-guided tour, and trip around the Village in 1940s pick-up (when driver is available)
- Visitor Guide keepsake and a "surprise takeaway"
- Instructions on how to store, clean and cook your own clams
- Your harvested clams (please bring a cooler, ice and container for safe storage of the clams if you intend to take your harvest with you.)
Duration: approx. 4 hours
Minimum Group Size: 2 adults
Package Pricing (HST Included):
- Family (2 adults and 2 children up to 18 years): $350
- 2 adults: $350 ($175 per person)
- 3 or more adults: $135 per person
- Children under 18: $65 per person
If multiple groups book the same excursion time, groups of two will pay the regular $135 adult fee. Group rates available for more than 10 adults booking together. Please inform us of additional participants within your group at least 24 hours in advance of excursion time.
Booking dates and times are pre-scheduled to correspond with low tides.
Excursion times posted are not firm due to the changing tides which can be affected by local wind and offshore storm conditions. Exact times will be confirmed close to the excursion date or upon booking.
Memory Lane Heritage Village Package Cancellation Policy
- All packages must have a deposit paid in advance via the online Gift Shop or by credit card over the phone. Bookings will not be confirmed until deposit has been received.
- All packages may be cancelled up to 48 hours before the package date subject to a 15% administration fee plus any costs that have already been accrued.
- All packages cancelled less than 48 hours before the booking date shall forfeit the deposit.
- Excursions cancelled by the Guide due to weather will be refunded in full.